With a little guidance and imagination, you may find you already live in your dream home
You love your town, you love your neighborhood, and you love your property. Everything is perfect except for one thing, and it’s a big thing: Your house could use some updates. Maybe the kitchen and bathrooms are outdated. Perhaps the bedrooms are too small. Maybe the floor plan no longer meets your needs.
You think maybe it’s time to move. Then you look at the limited real estate currently available on Cape Cod. You think about packing. You add up the expected costs. Suddenly, moving doesn’t feel like such a realistic or pleasant option.
Instead of relocating, the better answer could be remodeling. With a custom remodel, you can transform your home into exactly what you want, and you don’t have to pack a single box!
At Silvia and Silvia, we have been transforming homes with customized remodels for nearly 50 years. Throughout every step of the process, from planning and permitting to working with our master craftsmen on the finishing touches, we will be there to ensure a smooth and successful project.
Many of the following remodeling projects will enhance the comfort and value of your home. They can make you feel like you’ve moved into a new space without ever leaving your driveway.
- Kitchen renovation: There are numerous ways to approach remodeling your kitchen, from simply replacing outdated appliances, installing new counters and adding a center island, to a full “gut job” in which your existing kitchen is demolished and we start from scratch. With this option, nearly everything can be changed, including repositioning walls, window and doors.
- Create an open floor plan: Open living adds space without increasing the size of your home, allows natural light to fill a space, improves traffic patterns, and lets you enjoy more of your home on a daily basis. You may want that beautiful new kitchen to flow into the dining and living areas, creating a comfortable, inviting entertainment space. Steel-beam technology makes it possible to remove load-bearing walls, which used to be nearly impossible. New, larger windows and French doors will add more light. Installing new flooring throughout creates a consistent look, which will completely transform the overall mood of your living space.
- Add a first-floor master suite: Many of Cape Cod’s second homeowners plan to retire here year-round, making a first-floor master suite very desirable. Master suites are typically removed from other bedrooms, offering crucial privacy. We often accomplish this with a home addition, creating exactly what you want. A master suite with an attached bath can be achieved without changing the home’s footprint. A simple method is to combine an existing bedroom with an adjacent office and a hallway bath.
- Add a second-story addition: Zoning laws may require that any renovations keep your home within its original footprint. If you have a one-level home, adding a second story will double your living space. A two-story antique home with a steeply pitched roof can gain living space with a full dormer, which raises the roof.
- Finish the basement: Take advantage of all that wasted space by converting your basement into a guest, family or game room. Should zoning laws allow it, you could even create an in-law apartment with a kitchenette, bathroom, living area and bedroom.
As one of oldest home remodeling companies on Cape Cod, Silvia and Silvia can expertly make changes that will complement your existing home and allow you to remain in the neighborhood you love.